2. L.A and Orange County-DCFS Children's Trust Fund
When a child is placed in permanent or temporary foster care, the child is assigned a social worker. When a child's social worker is aware of a foster child's request such as special clothing, prescription glasses, sports equipment, sports uniforms, computer, video games, ect. A trust fund referral form is completed by the social worker and forwarded to a DCSF trust fund representative. SHIELD KIDS makes every attempt to grant the request by contributing funds to DCSF-Children trust fund.
3. Educate The Public
SHIELD KIDS uses generated funds to host events, fundraiser's, maintain our Web-site, news letter and other publications. We strive to make the public aware of what is taking place in their communities daily, preventative tips in avoiding child abuse and how they can get involved by helping and supporting our cause.
1. Used plastic stretch wrap (dry and uncontaminated) and other plastics such as milk gallons, detergent bottles, juice bottles and other plastics.
2. Cardboard (dry and uncontaminated)
3. Office paper (we set up bins in areas accessible to you and us)
4. CA refundable bottles and cans, we will set up collection containers through out your facilities.
These and other ways will contribute to our cause to support shielding kids who are victims of abuse.
1. L.A and Orange County Emergency Shelter Care
When children are removed from their home and placed in protective custody by the police departments, care is provided until it is determined whether or not the child/children will remain a dependant of the court or be returned to their parents. Children are removed from their home at times with just the clothes on their back. SHIELD KIDS provides "Emergency Shelter Back Pack's" which consist of items such as; tooth brushes, toothpaste, personal hygiene items, blankets, games, toys, coloring books, crayons ect. These kits will be placed at police stations throughout Los Angeles and Orange Counties.
Shieldkids.org (c) all rights reserved 2011
FOLLOW US ON
NEWS AND EVENT
A 501(c)3 N O N P R O F I T O R G A N I Z A T I O N